Organization Mission and Goals
The Hudson Mohawk RC&D Council's vision is to be a "Catalyst for Action" serving to facilitate improvements in the quality of life in the six county RC&D area.
The mission of the Hudson Mohawk Resource Conservation and Development Council is to promote regional, economic and natural resource conservation development.
The Hudson Mohawk Resource Conservation and Development Council Inc. (HMRC&D) was formed in 1996 to plan and carry out regional projects led by volunteers for resource conservation and community development; in other words volunteers developing real solutions to local problems through a community led process. The following is the HMRC&D's comprehensive goal for the organization:
The HMRC&D council operates as a positive force in its community.
* It enables citizens to make sustainable choices by expanding access to a variety of local energy and food sources.
* It improves forestry and agriculture by helping landowners and farmers develop environmentally, socially and economically sustainable practices.
* It fosters increased communication and collaboration among groups working towards similar goals.
* It operates with the flexibility to help where it is needed most.
Internally, the HMRC&D is known as a place where: * Differing views can be shared and explored. * Council members, the NRCS coordinator and secretary, and partners all feel valued and engaged.
In order to be a positive force in the community, the HMRC&D needs to have:
* Open communication among our members, contributors, and partners.
* An active and engaged council.
* Credibility in the community, with funders, and NRCS.
The HMRC&D is striving to create a community which:
* Has a sustainable, profitable landscape.
* Addresses current concerns using human creativity.
* Recognizes and supports the RC&D and what we accomplish Council members and partners are eager to support the organization by volunteering and advocating for funding.
The Hudson Mohawk RC&D prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or a part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) HMRC&D is an equal opportunity provider and employer.